Amy L. Stark Assistant Professional Specialist
Dr. Stark has passion and expertise for both genetics outreach and biomedical research. As the Director of the DNA Learning Center, Dr. Stark works to educate K-12 students and non-scientists in all areas of genetics. As a researcher, she leads students in research focusing on pharmacogenomics, particularly of chemotherapeutic agents. Her research interests have focused on understanding gene expression signatures in response to drug exposure. A greater understanding of therapy-induced gene expression changes could be clinically beneficial and impactful by increasing treatment effectiveness through gene expression modification.
- Director of the DNA Learning Center 2014-Present
- Postdoctoral Scholar in the Dept. of Medicine, Section of Hematology/Oncology at the University of Chicago 2011-2014
- PhD in Human Genetics from University of Chicago 2011
- Madian AG*, Stark AL*, Chen V, Hause RJ, To LA, Gill AL, Myers JL, Gorsic LK, Ciaccio M, White KP, Jones RB, Dolan ME. (2014) Identification of novel protein expression changes following cisplatin treatment and application to combination therapy. Under Review: PLoS One
- Stark AL, Hause RJ, Gorsic LK, Antao NN, Wong SS, Gill DF, Chung SF, Im HK, White KP, Jones RB, Dolan ME. (2014) Protein quantitative trait loci identify novel candidates modulating cellular response to chemotherapy. PLoS Genetics 10:e1004192.
- Hause RJ, Stark AL, Antao NN, Gorsic LK, Chung SH, Brown CD, Gill DF, Myers JL, White KP, Dolan ME, Jones RB. (2014) Identification and validation of genetic variants that influence protein expression and their association with mRNA levels and complex diseases. American Journal of Human Genetics 95:194-208.
- Moen EL, Stark AL, Zhang W, Dolan ME, Godley LA. (2014) The role of gene body cytosine modifications in MGMT expression and sensitivity to temozolomide. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 13:1334-1344.
- Pinto N, Gamazon ER, Antao NN, Myers JL, Stark AL, Konkashbaev A, Im HK, Diskin SJ, London WB, Ludeman SM, Maris JM, Cox NJ, Cohn SL, Dolan ME. (2014) Integrating cell-based and clinical genome-wide studies to identify genetic variants contributing to treatment failure in Neuroblastoma patients. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 95:644-652.
- Boonstra JL, Koneval ME, Clark JD, Schick M, Smith M, Stark AL. (2015) Milbemycin oxime (Interceptor®) treatment of amphipod parasites (Hyperiidae) from several host jellyfish species. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine 46:158-160.