Tsuyoshi Tokusumi Research Assistant Professor
Genetic analysis of Drosophila hematopoiesis:
- proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cell niche cell
- Identification of genes involved in hematopoietic stem cell maintenance
- blood cell differentiation
- wasp infestation response
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN), Japan 1997-1999
- Researcher, DNAVEC Research, Inc. Japan 1999-2002
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Univ. of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center 2003- 2006
- Research Scientist, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Univ. of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center 2006-2007
- Ph.D., Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan 1997
- B.S., Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan 1991
- Lucas, K. J., Zhao, B., Liu, S., & Raikhel, A. S. (2015). Regulation of physiological processes by microRNAs in insects. Current Opinion in Insect Science, 11, 1-7.
- Honti, V., Csordás, G., Kurucz, É., Márkus, R., & Andó, I. (2014). The cell-mediated immunity of Drosophila melanogaster: hemocyte lineages, immune compartments, microanatomy and regulation. Developmental & Comparative Immunology, 42(1), 47-56.
- Asgari, S. (2013). MicroRNA functions in insects. Insect biochemistry and molecular biology, 43(4), 388-397.