Resource List for Students in Introductory Biology
- STEM Ambassadors: in dorms. Provide homework help and general guidance for all STEM majors.
Learning Resource Center:
- Collaborative learning sessions: Sundays 8:30-10:30 pm with Nathan Hermann, Tuesdays 8:30-10:30 pm with Marya Poterek and Paige Johnson.
- Private Tutoring: Sundays 6:15-7:15 pm with Annie Roble, Tuesdays 6:15-7:15 pm with Hannah Dakin.
- Small Group Tutoring: Tuesdays 8:30-10:30 pm with Harisa Spahic, Thursdays 6:15-7:15 pm with Ryan Engert.
- Uplift Biology Mentorship Teams: First Years will be added to small-group mentorship teams in early November. Social and professional events will be ongoing throughout the Fall semester. Coordinator office hours will be held on Mondays at 9:00 pm in LaFun for any Biology curriculum, engagement/career path or program questions. Contact Haley Barlow, Katie Brinkman or Claire Kampman with questions.
- Launchpad: A website designed to give students electronic access to the book, movie clips and other supplemental information to enhance learning and practice questions for reviewing the chapters and checking their understanding.
- Dr. Schulz, Galvin 147: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2:00 pm-5:00 pm, weekend appointments available. Appointments by email.
- Dr. Hollocher, Galvin 148: Office hours Tuesdays 11:00 am-1:30 pm and Thursdays 8:30 am-11:00 am (after October 11th).
- Justin Wilcox, TA, Galvin 087: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 5:00 pm-6:00 pm (Jordan Lobby). Appointments by email.
Senior Leadership Committee
The Biology Senior Leadership Committee is chosen by appointment to form a small group of upperclassmen that serves as a liaison between department faculty and students. These individuals have succeeded academically and in leadership roles within the department and are very passionate about our Biology program. They are dedicated to promoting the success of all first year Biology intents and are therefore willing to answer questions by email or in person.