Heidi Beidinger-Burnett Assistant Professional Specialist
Her unique blend of education and experiences has culminated into a lifelong passion and sense of urgency to improving the quality of life for individuals who may not have a voice or the resources they need to be successful in life. Her primary focus is on the students of the Master in Science of Global Health program. This program is preparing the next generation of leaders in global health to think critically and analytically in order to solve problems around the globe. Although there are more leaders being trained in Global Health, the research suggests that the industry is still lacking qualified leaders. Fortunately, here at Notre Dame, we have the opportunity to train and develop students to be effective and passionate leaders.
I worked as a consultant in K-12 education for nearly 10 years. She developed expertise in leadership, school redesign, curriculum evaluation, and development. Prior to her tenure in K-12, Beidinger served in various leadership roles at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for 13 years. She developed an expertise in STD/HIV, correctional healthcare, and surveillance and monitoring programs focusing specifically on improving screening and treatment programs at Cook County Jail, Hospital, Juvenile Detention Center, and community health centers in Chicago.
- Bachelor of Science, Public Health Administration and Policy, School of Public Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1989
- Master, Public Health, School of Public Health, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1996.
- PhD, Educational Leadership and Organizational Analysis, College of Education, Western Michigan, 2012
Selected professional Activities:
- Developing a collaborative partnership with a community based organization in rural Vellore, India to assess HIV and Maternal and Child Health issues.
- Developing collaborative partnerships with local community based organizations to research and evaluate HIV care services and diabetes chronic management programs in St. Joseph County.