Heidi Beidinger-Burnett Associate Professor of the Practice
Director, Masters of Science in Global Health Program
As the Director, my primary academic focus is the preparation of the students of the Master in Science of Global Health Program. We are helping to develop the next generation of global health leaders who think critically and analytically to solve complex problems. Although there are more leaders being trained in Global Health, the research suggests that the field is still lacking qualified leaders. Fortunately, here at Notre Dame, we have the opportunity to train and develop students to be effective and passionate leaders.
- Director, Master of Science in Global Health Program, University of Notre Dame, IN August 2019 - Current
- Associate Professor of the Practice, University of Notre Dame, IN July 2020 - Current
- Assistant Director for Community Health and Policy, University of Notre Dame, IN July 2019 – Current
- Center for Community Innovation Affiliate, University of Notre Dame, IN Fall 2018 – June 2019
- Community Engagement Coordinating Council Member, University of Notre Dame, IN Spring 2018 – Current
- Co-Director, ND Lead Innovation Team, University of Notre Dame, IN Spring 2017 – Current
- Community Health Partners Liaison, University of Notre Dame, IN Spring 2015 – Current
- Assistant Professor of the Practice, University of Notre Dame, IN August 2014 – June 2019
- Bachelor of Science, Public Health Administration and Policy, School of Public Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 1989
- Master of Public Health, School of Public Health, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1996.
- PhD, Educational Leadership and Organizational Analysis, College of Education, Western Michigan University, 2012
Selected Professional Activities:
- Co-founded the Notre Dame Lead Innovation Team; our team is researching new strategies to reduce lead poisoning among children.
- Development and validation of a Lead Screening Kit, a low-cost, user-friendly device to screen homes for environmental lead.
- Conducting research and program evaluation with community-based organization to understand the facilitators and barriers to quality HIV continuum of care services.
- President of the Board of Health, St. Joseph County Board of Health.