Xuemin (Sheryl) Lu Assistant Teaching Professor
I am interested in the application of modern technologies to personalized medicine. In the era of post-genomics, large scale sequencing data have been made available at a much cost-effective manner, allowing efficient study of individual genomes. Meanwhile, annotation and interpretation of the genomic data and its clinical relevance are the areas with active research in both academia and industry. Personalized medicine, i.e. precision medicine, at its current stage and in future, holds great promise for individualized disease prevention and treatment. I am also interested in transferring the knowledge and technologies, discovered and developed by Biological Sciences and other disciplines in the University, to potential commercial products, thus accelerating the bench-to-bedside translation of our intellectual power.
- Assistant Teaching Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame
- Undergrad Research Director, College of Science, University of Notre Dame
- Product Lead, Cardiovascular Division, Admera Health LLC.
- Senior Clinical Scientist & Team Leader, Clinical Services, Admera Health LLC.
- Research Associate, Medical Genetics Laboratory, Baylor College of Medicine
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine
- Technology Transfer and Business Development Intern, Licensing Group, Baylor College of Medicine
- Postdoc Associate, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ph.D. Molecular Biology, Princeton University
- B.S. Math & Physics, Tsinghua University, China
- Di Talia S, She R, Blythe SA, Lu X, Zhang QF, Wieschaus EF. (2013) Posttranslational Control of Cdc25 Degradation Terminates Drosophila's Early Cell-Cycle Program. Current Biology. 23(2):127-32.
- Lu X, Mu E, Wei Y, Riethdorf S, Yang Q, Yuan M, Yan J, Hua Y, Tiede B, Lu X, Haffty B, Pantel K, Massagué J, and Kang Y. (2011) VCAM-1 promotes osteolytic expansion of indolent bone micrometastasis of breast cancer by engaging α4β1-positive osteoclast progenitors. Cancer Cell. 20(6):701-14.
- Lu X, Drocco J, Wieschaus EF. (2010) Cell cycle regulation via inter-nuclear communication in early embryos of Drosophila melanogaster. Cell cycle 9: 2908-10.
- Lu X, Lu X, and Kang Y. (2010) Organ-specific enhancement of metastasis by spontaneous ploidy duplication and cell size enlargement. Cell Research 20: 1012-22.
- Lu X, Li JM, Elemento O, Tavazoie S, Wieschaus EF. (2009) Coupling of zygotic transcription to mitotic control at the Drosophila mid-blastula transition. Development 136: 2101-10. (Editorial by: Casci T. (2009) Nature Reviews Genetics 10:429.)