Biological Sciences Major Concentrations
The Department of Biological Sciences offers eight concentrations within the Biological Sciences major. Each concentration requires at least 14 credits. These credits are in addition to the core requirements of the Biological Sciences major and College of Science and University requirements.
- Create a commitment between students and their topic of study within the biology major.
- Provide structure to electives to assist students' development in their fields of interest.
- Provide expertise in a field within biology for students seeking admission to graduate school, medical school, or other programs/job.
Cell & Developmental
& Global Health
- A concentration will consist of 14 credits, with 5 credits allowed to double count.
- Allows flexible structure that can be adapted to changing needs and interests of students.
- The “Integrative Biology" concentration allows a student to design a broad biology curriculum without focus in any given area of study. Courses will require the approval of the department’s DUS.